About Grow & Play
Grow & Play has evolved from our popular Nature's Nippers project for parents and pre-schoolers. These 2 hour facilitated sessions will run monthly with a closed group of up to 8 parents and their children between April and December 2018. We'll be exploring the garden, looking for wildlife and helping to plant, water, harvest and taste fresh fruit and vegetables. Each session will have a seasonal focus and there will be plenty of opportunity for free play.
Sessions are 10am - 12noon every 3rd Tuesday of the month from April - December 2018. You can also check the dates on our calendar page.
How to join
To join we ask parents to commit to attending all 8 sessions – we've found it makes the experience richer for all involved. You can book and pay securely by clicking the logos below. If you'd like to find out more or would prefer to make arrangements to pay offline please email Louise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you can't make all the sessions or the project is fully booked click the option to join our waiting list. Spaces are sometimes made available by last minute cancellations. You might also be interested in coming along to the Community Sessions we run on Sundays. More about those here.
To ensure families who may not otherwise hear about us also have the opportunity to get involved we will be running additional sessions in collaboration with Conway Court Children's Centre.
Book here to secure your place or join our waiting list:
By booking a place you are committing to attend and pay for all 8 sessions up front. Please read PLOT 22 'Grow & Play' People Care Guidelines before booking:
- PLOT 22 is a special place where we can enjoy the simple pleasures of cooking over a fire, growing food and allowing children to explore and play. Whilst here we are responsible for the safety of ourselves and each other.
- Ensure that you and your children are wearing weather appropriate clothing and footwear.
- It is important to arrive at the start of the session as we will be holding an opening circle to welcome and orientate everyone and sharing important safety messages.
- Please bear in mind that the site is by its nature hazardous: with open fires, ponds, fungi, insects, occasionally wild animal faeces, over hanging branches and uneven or slippery ground.
- When children are here everyone will watch over them but ultimately parents/carers are responsible for them at all times. Young children must be very closely supervised.
- First Aid kits are located in the cabin. Fire circle safety, safe use of the woodburner, kettle and seasonal hazards will be explained at the start of each session.
- We encourage children to harvest and taste some of the vegetables and fruit grown on site and sometimes we make and share a vegetarian snack together. If you need additional drinks/food for your children or yourself please bring these along.
- We have a compost toilet on site and provide hand washing facilities. Please bring your own nappy bags and take soiled nappies home with you.
- Please observe careful hygiene when preparing or eating food and help children to do the same.
- PLOT 22 is a no alcohol, no smoking, vegetarian site.
You do not need to enter card details to register, just your contact address.
Before joining the waiting list please read the PLOT 22 'Grow & Play' People Care Guidelines
This project has been kindly funded in 2018 by The Cooperative Local Community Fund